"Cuisine Au Lit" ("Cuisine Holly") vous invite a l'Asie pour gouter une salade au poulet avec les nouilles de riz.
"Cuisine Au Lit" ("Cuisine Holly") invites you to Asia to sample chicken noodle salad.
2 large chicken breasts
300g fresh rice noodles
1 tablespoon of black peppercorns
10 spring onions (rinsed)
150g mangetout (rinsed)
4 stalks of celery (rinsed)
1/2 a cucumber (rinsed)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
The juice of 1 lime
Sesame seeds to sprinkle
Salt to taste
Large saucepan with lid
Small saucepan with lid
Kitchen scissors (or use the sharp knife)
Clean teatowel or kitchen paper
Small cup or bowl
Tongs or slotted spoon (or your fingers)
4 dishes and cutlery or chopsticks
1. Place the large saucepan on the hob and fill with boiling water. Never cook bare-footed! Heat the hob below the pan to medium. Add the raw chicken breasts, 1 tablespoon of black peppercorns and 2 of the spring onions (chopped) to the pan. Add the lid and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Then turn off the heat and remove the pan to a heatproof surface for 50 further minutes. Keep the lid on.
2. Place the small saucepan on the hob, add the mangetout, cover with boiling water and heat the hob below the pan to high. Add the lid and leave to boil for 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat, drain the pan, cover the mangetout in cold water to stop them from cooking further, drain the pan again, remove the mangetout, pat them dry with the clean teatowel or kitchen paper and divide them equally between 4 serving dishes.
3. Chop the celery, cucumber and spring onion into bite size lengths. Divide them equally between the 4 serving dishes containing the mangetout.
4. Squeeze the juice of the lime into the small cup or bowl and use the teaspoon to remove any pips. It doesn't matter if small pieces of lime flesh are mixed with the juice. Add the soy sauce and caster sugar to the cup or bowl of lime juice and stir the mixture with the teaspoon.
5. Sprinkle half of the lime juice mixture over the 4 dishes of celery, cucumber, mangetout and spring onion.
6. Return the (empty) small saucepan to the hob, add the fresh rice noodles and cover them with boiling water. Cook the noodles according to the instructions (usually for a couple of moments). Then turn off the heat, drain the pan, cover the noodles in cold water to stop them from cooking further, drain the pan again, remove the noodles, pat them dry with the teatowel or kitchen paper and divide them equally between 4 serving dishes, placing them on top of the dressed celery, cucumber, mangetout and spring onion.
You can leave the salad at this stage in the serving dishes while waiting for the chicken to finish cooking.
7. When the chicken has cooked, use the tongs or slotted spoon (or your fingers) to remove it from the pan. Pat off any excess water with the teatowel or kitchen paper (it doesn't matter if the chicken is a little wet). Use your fingers to shred the chicken and divide the meat between the 4 serving dishes, placing the shreds on top of the noodles.
8. Pour the remainder of the lime juice, soy sauce and caster sugar mixture over the chicken in each of the 4 serving dishes.
9. You may wish to season the salad with a little salt at this stage.
10. Sprinkle sesame seeds over each of the 4 dishes. Enjoy your chicken noodle salad!
Cuisine Au Lit - pour ce qui ont les petites oreilles...